You only get a few seconds to make an impression on a customer when you’re running a business. Making a business card is one of the best ways to captivate the attention of a customer and to create a strong impression.
Business cards need to have both a creative look and the purpose for which they are made. Most importantly, it should convey your business’s details in the simplest way so that the reader can understand and approach you.
Making high-quality business cards also serve as a great marketing tactic if done right. Moreover, your business card should be designed keeping the nature of your business in mind.
For example, if you are a photographer, then your photography business cards should be able to make that point across. This can be done by having a camera on the card or using other such tactics.
But, several other things also have to be taken care of in order to get high-quality business cards. Here’s how to get high-quality business cards:
You can take your brand up a notch by making your business cards look astonishing. This includes the design, font, images (if you’ll be using any), printing quality and more.
Design: The design of your card should be such that it looks professional. Some factors to consider include:
- Size: The standard size for a business card is 84mm by 55m. Sticking to this size will help.
- Orientation: Decide on the design if you want the cards to have a landscape orientation or a portrait one. The landscape format is more common because it is easy and quick to read. On the other hand, portrait format does have an elegant look but it can become a bit difficult to read them in card holders. Another option that you can vouch for is to go for custom shapes. In the end, it depends upon what type of impression you want to create before your customers.
- Material: Paper is the most budget-friendly option you can go for. However, If you want to add more ambiance and style to your business cards then plastic, wood, metal are some of the others options that can help your business cards stand out, but their use will increase your cost.
- Color: Business cards having a single color can look amazing when the background color and the font color blend well. You can also go for 3D texts to make it look more alluring.
Font: It is essential to follow the right guidelines when it comes to choosing a font for your business cards. Here’s what you need to do:
- Keep the font size to 8 points as it is not very big nor very small but readable.
- To give your cards a modern touch, use Sans Serif fonts and if you want to keep your business cards simple and classic then go for Serif fonts.
- To add an element of attraction, use script fonts but keep it minimal so that it doesn’t compromise the readability.
Spread a Message
One of the most neglected things found in business cards is their failure to give out a message.
It sure is daunting to come up with something original that speaks for your business but it is important to do so if you want to stand out from the rest.
For instance, if your business is related to insurance then you can come up with something like ‘we’ve got you covered’ so people instantly know you deal with insurance.
A printed message can become viral and serve as a great advertising and marketing tactic too.
High-Quality Printing Service
All your efforts and creativity will go in vain if you don’t focus and give importance to the quality of the printing service you’ll get your cards printed from. Here’s what you need to do:
Double check the content of your card before you send it for printing. Even a single letter mistake or mistyped letter can waste your money.
Another thing to look into is the resolution, type, and size of the image. Make sure that the image to be printed on the cards is at least 300 DPI for high-quality printing result. As for the image type, vector-based PDFs are contained more quality than JPEG format.
The key to making high quality business cards is to make sure they’re readable and not very complex.